Saturday, September 8, 2007

Poker and Cheesecake

A magical combination.

We were able to enjoy a magnificent combination last night; mixing poker with birthday cheesecake. The Oreo cookie cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory didn't add to my poker playing abilities, as I was bounced out 4th in round one, and 5th in round two (of the 5 players we had).

Or table was graced by a new player at pablosplace last night (loved the company Beth), and she held her own in round 2 quite well.

Round one saw Beth taken down by Traci when she moved all in with K-6 on a board of Q-J-J. Traci made the call with her Q, and had Beth covered. The board didn't improve, and Beth was gone. The remaining four played for sometime until I decided that I didn't like chips any. Big slick wasn't so great for me. Traci went out to Andrew in third, giving him a huge stack heads up versus Tim. Tim had a good go, but eventually succumbed to the large stack.

In round two, I syphoned off all my chips to Tim early (Again with A-K) as Tim paired his 10's off the flop. I failed to improve and went out first. Beth later eliminated both Traci and Andrew on the same hand, and left herself in great position, virtually equal heads up to Tim. They went about 20 hands deep until eventually Tim came out on top.

We had a lot of laughs (and a lot more song than usual). Next Friday looks good for right now. Cheers, P

No comments: