Friday, March 30, 2007

Friday Night Results - 3/30/07

We had four players tonight, and played two rounds. It was a good night for me taking home both pots, $20 each.

In round one, Christian was the first to go, and Tim shortly after. Heads up was with Andrew, and I'm so tired right now, I don't remember what the winning hand was. The major hand came when Andrew laid down top pair after I re-raised him all-in with an under pair. But I had him covered and he couldn't make the call. After that, it was only a matter of time.

In round two, Christian went out again, and then Andrew this time. I had pocket Kings and the flop came out with Two clubs, one of which was an ace. The turn was another club and I raised all-in. Andrew laid down A-10, which would have crippled me. Instead, I got really healthy. I was a 3 to1 chip lead heading into heads up against Tim and took the first 3 small pots. I was dealt pocket Kings again and called the big blind. Tim raised, and I re-raised all-in. Tim called with pocket 4's and the board was no help.

For next week, there will be no poker. I'll be attending a 5 year old birthday party for Nikki at Build-A-Bear workshop at the Northridge mall. The following Friday will also be a no-go at my place as I'll be at Kendall and Tim's wedding in Mexico.

So our target is 3 weeks. Also, a reminder that tomorrow night is at the Mark Erik's Salon in Northridge at the corner of Devonshire and Reseda. There is a $25 buy in with multiple re-buys for the charity tournament. It should be fun. Christian is the only one who committed with me. Traci is a firm maybe. We'll see. Hopefully we can pull a few more from our group.

I'll send updates to the blog after tomorrow nights tournament, but for now, I'm going to bed $30 heavier in the wallet. Cheers - P

No comments: