Saturday, March 3, 2007

Friday, March 2

We had 5 players tonight, and only played one game. I have to say, it was one of the best played rounds of poker in a long time. We started at 8:30 and ran until 12:30. 4 hours of poker.

In the end, Tim came out on top winning the $20 pot. I thought that he was going to beat me when the flop came up Q-3-6. I flopped a pair of 3's, and checked to Tim, who checked as well. The river came up another 6 and I pushed all in. Tim then folded a Queen. A narrow escape.

A few hands later, I pushed All-In with 10-7 when the flop came up K-7-4. Tim called with K-10 and it was all over.

Christian was down to 16 chips at one point and came back to take the chip lead for a while. And I had dwindled down to 17 chips before a triple up got me back in it.

I guess that it just goes to show that all you need is a chip and a chair.

We should be ok for next Friday. I already have commitments from 5 with a couple of probably's, so it should be a good turnout.

We're a definate no-go on the 16th and a no go on the 24th, and most likely the 30th, so next week is THE week to get in (unless you're following us to the other tournament).

Thanks to everyone who played, Tim, Christian, Kendall, and Traci. It was a blast as always.

No comments: